Monday, May 21, 2012

Lyla Bird Davis

Lyla Bird Davis was born a little after 5 am on Friday, May 18
weighing an even 7 lbs and a perfect 20 inches long. 
I am so in love with this little girl and the man who gave her to me. 
She looks so much like her daddy which makes my heart melt all the more. 

We spent our first night at home last night and we're still recuperating, but doing well. 
Although those 21 hours were long, they were some of the very best of my life.

Welcome home Lyla Bird!

8 comments:

manda said...

you're the prettiest new mom i have ever seen! and Lyla has the sweetest red lips!

perfect, perfect!!

rob is going to be a wonderful dad.

:)

Kara Rush said...

I am dying!!! I can't get enough of her! And you look so perfect in that first photo, it shows the true joy of motherhood. I love you all so much!

Kara Rush said...

I am dying!!! I can't get enough of her! And you look so perfect in that first photo, it shows the true joy of motherhood. I love you all so much!

Emily Powell said...

oh, such a sweet baby girl! She is beautiful!

Geneva said...

Congratulations!! She's beautiful, and you look lovely. xx

Audrey Crisp said...

I'm just so happy for you guys! She is too cute! I hope that recovery goes well for you. That and the no sleeping are the hardest part! I hope you have help coming! HAHA.. She is so beautiful! Congrats!!!

Jenny Brochu said...

Oh wow she is beautiful!! Congratulations!

kinsey said...

She IS rob's twin! The pic jan sent me on her birthday looked JUsT like him. Congrats to you both. I can't wait to hold her this summer!!