Wednesday, May 23, 2012

the best 5 days


“When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy.” 
 Rumi
This little girl has been in our lives for only five sweet days, but I feel like she has always been here. 
Every look she gives - every whimper and sigh - seem as though I've seen and heard them my whole life. 
The days are full and the nights are at times quite long, but I've never been happier 
or felt my heart more full. And oh my goodness I love watching Mr. D with her. 

It feels so good to be Mr. D's wife and Lyla Bird's mama. I am so in love with them both. 



5 comments:

Audrey Crisp said...

I can't believe you're out and about and looking amazing! She is too cute!

Liz McKee said...

Lyla Bird is so beautiful, and you have such a precious family. Jon and I send love and good wishes your way! Congratulations- God bless!

Tiffany said...

Gorgeous. Being a momma suits you. Can't wait to meet that sweet baby girl!!

Tiffany said...

Gorgeous. Being a momma suits you. Can't wait to meet that baby girl!!

Jenn and Henry said...

Congrats Whitney! Lyla is precious! You have quite the beautiful family! Hope you are well! - Jenn