― Jarod Kintz
I laid on our bed starring at the four walls around me. Surrounded by a surreal familiarity. It had been so long since we were here. And yet, I felt immediately at home. Home. Here. In Boston.
And just like I spent most of Saturday and Sunday falling a little more in love with our home and its city streets - taking the time to really look at every little thing...that chevron rug I love, that perfect little office nook, those wedding pictures and the imprint of Bird's newborn feet, those red brick side walks and brownstone steps - so too this morning, I fell a little more in love with being a mom.
Not just any mom. But her mom. Not just any wife...his wife.
We are back in Boston and since our time here will someday soon end, I am determined to make the most of the days ahead...so thankful to spend them with my best little girl and her handsome dad.
Photograph by www.ambermahoney.com, taken at 30 weeks pregnant with Lyla Bird

No comments:
Post a Comment