Wednesday, August 8, 2012

nothing but blue eyes do I see...

“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.” 
 Roald Dahl
After all the time we've spent traveling on so many different airplanes...
I shouldn't be surprised by my sudden and terrible sore throat. 
Thankfully, Lyla Bird seems to be a-ok - its just her Mama who walked away slightly scathed.

So, in between cuddling this sweet girl 
and addressing her baby announcements (better late than never, right?!)
We have been taking it pretty easy the past few days.
And my throat...I can't even feel it when her big blue eyes gaze back at me...
 giving way to the most beautiful smile I have ever before in my life seen. 





3 comments:

Carin Davis said...

We received ours yesterday!!!!
It was adorable!
My girls loved her hat!!!! :)
She is absolutely precious.

WhitneyClarke said...

So glad you like it!! We've sent about half out and are still working to get the rest out hopefully today if Lyla Bird would just let me use both my hands :)

Audrey Crisp said...

Adorable! Hope you feel better soon!