Tuesday, October 30, 2012

four eyes and hurricanes

“So I walked back to my room and collapsed on the bottom bunk, 
thinking that if people were rain, I was drizzle and she was a hurricane.” 
― John Green
Rain for days calls for four eyes and warm clothes.
Our flight back to Boston was canceled, so we have been stuck in Virginia and quite happily so. 
Back with our Lucy girl and cozied up to the ever glowing fireplaces. 
I have slept harder these past few days than I have slept in the last five months. 
The kind of sleep where your body and the mattress become one 
and you dont even know where you are when you wake.
The constant rain and swirling wind has made for the most delightful naps - 
and while our power is out here, 
the house is hooked up to a generator so we thankfully have electricity. 

Thoughts and prayers go out to everyone effected by the hurricane...
hope everyone is ok and fairing well.




No comments: