Monday, October 1, 2012

In Autumn

“Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, 
and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns.” 
 George Eliot
I could kiss every fallen leaf and sing aloud for every tree aglow in the light of Autumn. 
As we drove along the highway toward Vermont this weekend, 
I couldn't help but feel inexplicably at home.
It is in Autumn that I was born, 
that I fell in love with my husband
and only Autumn last, that we found out our family would soon grow.

I am completely enamored with this season
and the man whose hand warms mine among the fallen leaves and cool, crisp breeze. 

Mondays are always a little harder than the rest of the week for Lyla Bird and I...
we wait anxiously all day long for Mr. D to come back home. 
We sure do love him so. 



2 comments:

Audrey Crisp said...

Love this picture!! So jealous you know Mitt!

WhitneyClarke said...

Thanks Audrey! Congratulations on your growing family :)