Sometimes I think the best cure for feeling down or frustrated or just blah is thankfulness. Not just skimming the surface of it so as not to cause any ripples in your glass lake of self-pity, but really jumping head first into everything you have to be thankful for. I have found that this is the best solution to almost any problem. I'm definitely not the best money-manager and my love of all things anthropologie doesn't help (by the way have you seen their new, dare I say even MORE expensive line Leifsdottir ...love), but I am really trying to spend less and save more. So today (after having filed my taxes) money has been on my mind and this love-hate relationship our country - and people in general seem to have with it.
The "world's average income - total world income divided by total number of people - is about $7,000. Still, only about 19 percent of the world's population lives in countries with per capita incomes at least this high." So, as I counted quarters and pennies in my purse to buy a candy bar at the gas station (since when do candy bars cost $2.65?!!!! I swear I remember them only costing 50-75 cents!!!), I can't help but think of how much I have to be thankful for. And while staring in shock at my W-2 form, I still can't help but feel so blessed to live in this country, have a job and have so many irreplaceable freedoms afforded me.
The "world's average income - total world income divided by total number of people - is about $7,000. Still, only about 19 percent of the world's population lives in countries with per capita incomes at least this high." So, as I counted quarters and pennies in my purse to buy a candy bar at the gas station (since when do candy bars cost $2.65?!!!! I swear I remember them only costing 50-75 cents!!!), I can't help but think of how much I have to be thankful for. And while staring in shock at my W-2 form, I still can't help but feel so blessed to live in this country, have a job and have so many irreplaceable freedoms afforded me.
-To whom much is given, much is expected-
I pray that I never become complacent with what I do have and that I am able to give more than I receive.
-------------------------------------------------

No comments:
Post a Comment