“Resign all into my hands…your own imagination may speak more loudly, but wait upon me always.”
–Francis Roberts, Come Away My Beloved
I think a lot about the past, but as I say that I realize that as of late my head is often lost in the future, too. Both leave me uneasy if I dwell on them too much. There is nothing that will change the past, and I have little control over the future - and I definitely do not know for sure what tomorrow will bring...or this afternoon even. I have to bring myself to a halt. Feel the ground beneath my feet and focus my eyes upward instead of in front or behind me. Then I find it is much easier to breathe. My mind calms and I can be fully thankful for the moment I am in. If I keep my focus on making the most of here and now the future will take care of itself. In fact, it already has been taken care of anyway.

No comments:
Post a Comment