Thursday, April 8, 2010

Yes, I know its only Thursday....

"Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers."  - Charles W. Eliot

I am so glad that the weekend is just steps away, hours even.
I am in the process of reading a handful of wonderful books...
including The Help by Kathryn Stockett which has received rave
reviews from everyone I know who has turned its pages. 

There is something about reading that is so much more 
than a movie or tv show. It forces you to imagine. To picture
the characters in your mind, to become a part of the
white paper in front of you. And it inspires me to write, 
to dance along similarly white pages and create my 
own steps and way around the dance floor. It fills me
up in a way some movies leave me still searching.

I hope your weekend is full of things that fill you up,
whether its a good book, a long bike ride or just 
spending time in the midst of good company.
Happy [almost] weekend!




No comments: