Wednesday, May 12, 2010

If I could have my way...

I would get a dog and take it to a neighbor's house to play all day while I am away at work. [Or wait, I would actually be a writer and work from home. So scratch the neighbor's house.]
I would spend the afternoon with R and watch Amelie
I would never wear jeans except to work
I would pay my landlord in baked goods
I would spend much of the day trying out new recipes and have an endless supply of pots, pans and serving bowls
I would travel out of the country every three months
I would learn how to play the guitar and take voice lessons (there is very good reason why the latter has not been attempted...)
I would spend at least two months out of every year in Italy and speak nothing but Italian
I would have a drawing table by a window with a bird feeder not too far off in the distance
I would have my very own dark room to experiment in and
Right now, I would leave work, pick up R and spend the rest of the week exploring and taking pictures in NYC...

...but this weekend might just have to suffice.

------------------------------------
photo from The Sartorialist

No comments: