Wednesday, July 14, 2010

navigating life.

I am having a hard time breathing. again. today.

I love those weeks that seem to roll by - escalated
a steady suspended path like the NYC High Line Park
above the buzz and busy moving parts below.
Places to sit and rest along the way.
Confident weeks. Everything in place in its perfect routine.
Steadily moving forward, carefree.

This week though, I can't seem to find my footing.
Just when I think I have found the trail,
the ache in my stomach blurs my vision.
A constant desire to want to pause the day,
freeze the ache away. And also,
to fast forward. Oh, to be able to jump ahead.

But there is a strength to be found in navigating,
a growth that could in no other way exist.
A sort of excitement to be found.
So, I'm concentrating on breathing and
finding beauty in the crowded city streets.
Being thankful for the journey and
discovering joy in the lessons ahead.

But right now
I'm thinking about crawling under my desk
and pulling my knees up
to my chest
just to sit awhile.

photo from martawrites.com

1 comment:

Turbo said...

I have been having similar issues this week. I'm blaming the weather. Hehe.