“Look at life through the windshield, not the rear-view mirror.”― Byrd Bagget
Oh, Mexico. As much as I miss its vibrant splashes of worn color and relaxed pace, I can't help but look forward to the next trip. Yes, I definitely want to go back sometime soon, but more than anything it filled with me with the urge to want to explore the rest of the world.
What else have I been missing?
What else have I been missing?
And this is often the case with my life. Thankful for each stage - but not really wanting to repeat any of it. I frequently want to carry bits of each season with me - homemade meals that I remember from growing up, the freedom of college and afternoon naps, first jobs and the perspective that there will likely be many more down the road.
So, as I am careful to not dwell in the past, I am also leery of lusting too much after the future - mindful to take in the season I am in and decide which attributes I long to carry forward...
But I'm afraid I will always want to wear boots in the warm summer sun and flip flops in the dead of winter.
No comments:
Post a Comment