Friday, September 3, 2010

Happy Weekend Long!

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognize 
how good things really are." — Marianne Williamson
I have high hopes for this weekend. Not because of anything in particular really, just the promise of hours long. 
Longer than usual. 
Work closes early.
The gray hurricane clouds are swirling ever so whimsically above my head.
Money that I thought I had lost may not be so lost after all
and as much as I hate moving I have never been so thrilled to get rid of things.
Things not needed.
New adventures are literally just steps away.
I get to be with people I love.
And even from my box in this teeny tiny windowless spot of the world
I am overwhelmed with joy. 
Not necessarily a joy that can be explained
except that I know I am blessed to be alive today.
Instead of stringing words, black and white, together in my head all day, an unexpected melody is carrying them along.
And so I have high hopes for this three day weekend. 
Not full of expectations or plans, just simple beautiful hope that can only be brought by joy 
sprouted from thankfulness.

1 comment:

Turbo said...

Moving is seriously the worst, but de-cluttering feels so good! I hope you guys enjoy the long weekend. Hopefully this storm will be gone by tomorrow.