Friday, November 19, 2010

twentyfive. well, almost.

"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
— Dr. Seuss (Happy Birthday to You!) 
 We celebrated my birthday last night at my parent's house in the country
with hummingbird cake and peppermint ice cream 
[my very favorite cake and my very favorite ice cream...
which is sadly only sold once a year and thankfully around my birthday as luck would have it)]

On Sunday, Nov. 21st I will turn 25. 
A quarter of a century. And I know its going to be a good year. At least I hope. 
I feel more comfortable with who I am than I have ever felt before. 
A year of strength and facing fears, soaring high and simply living. 
Plus, I will never be 25 again, so it might as well be the best 25 that Ill ever be. 
I'm all dressed up at work today
because straight from work Mr. D and I are celebrating downtown.
Here's to the weekend,
to friends and family who love,
to the holiday season and peppermint ice cream 
and to the next quarter of a century!

My favorite time of year for many, many reasons.

3 comments:

Abby said...

Happy Birthday!

Carin Davis said...

Happy birthday!!!!!
We can't wait to see you!
We hope you enjoy a WONDERFUL weekend!

Tamara Stephanie Schlyper said...

Peppermint ice cream is soooo amazing! Happy Birthday weekend to you! Enjoy :)