Tuesday, December 21, 2010

lost time.

"Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted." 
— John Lennon

"Some things don't last forever, but some things do. 
Like a good song, or a good book, or a good memory 
you can take out and unfold in your darkest times, 
pressing down on the corners and peering in close, 
hoping you still recognize the person you see there." 
— Sarah Dessen
 I am on call tonight at job number two, 
and I just found out I have to go in. And in the 28 seconds that that phone call lasted
my night went from productive and relaxing to long and very tiring. 
I know I can control my own thoughts - 
make up my mind to make the best of the situation.
Choose to see it not as I know it to be - somehow brighter.
But all I can think about right now is the summer I spent abroad.
I know I must have looked at the time at some point,
but I dont remember ever doing it.
Its sort of all a deliriously foggy dream 
in which trains and gardens and museums all meld together 
to form one beautiful hiatus dabbled ever so lightly in British literature.

photographs by Berni Tin

No comments: