"We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."
— Anaïs Nin
— Anaïs Nin
"Finish every day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense." — Ralph Waldo Emerson
Something happened in my chest this afternoon -
a shift in my breathing -
its as if I am always waiting for a crash to cave me in.
Its a cynical fault of mine to think that when its good, its too good
and when things are off, its nothing short of a devastating loss.
And so in the silence of this room,
I am finding strength in the steadiness of its walls
allowing few tears to fall, simply
biding time [with the help of Steinbeck]
until its an acceptable hour to fall asleep and hope for
a brighter day tomorrow.

2 comments:
wow can I comment on one blog twice in a day??? hmmm Carin will be mad. I am the worst at reading or commenting on blogs. It's your lucky day!!! I love the writing ... and the quotes. It's funny to see that what you think makes you so different actually makes you the same as everyone else. Do we not savor happiness because we're scared that it's not possible to be that happy? Or do we hurry into trial to get it over and be happy? It's a vicious cycle.
I love your comments. Keep 'em coming. I think the moment I feel trials coming I throw myself at them...yes, to get them over with and as a reassurance that it can only get better and go up from there. The climb is much better than the fall, so I try to get it over with as fast as I can throwing all of weight into it.
Post a Comment