Friday, January 28, 2011

a carton of ice cream...and then some

"Nothing's a better cure for writer's block 
than to eat ice cream right out of the carton."
— Don Roff
Currently our freezer has seven cartons of Trader Joe's Peppermint Ice Cream inside it.
I am a lover of ice cream and sadly my very favorite flavor can only be bought once a year
so when I saw the last shipment of peppermint at Trader Joe's,
I bought them out.

I have found ice cream to not only be a cure for writers block, 
but for almost anything the day can possibly throw at you. 

Thank you Mr. D for letting me eat it straight out of the carton...

I leave the lid in the freezer (so that it doesnt make a mess on the counter)
and I wrap a big paper towel around the carton, then I
sit on the couch with my knees to my chest and savor every spoonful.

[I realize that one day when I have to set a good example, 
I may have to break this guilty little pleasure of mine - 
and in that case, ice cream is best enjoyed in a big mug or a tall glass]

found here.

1 comment:

He.She.&Eloise.... in the city said...

LOVE IT!!!!! Ha ha! First of all, it reminds me of our stay with you two. Looking forward to the night when we could get in our pj's sit on your comfy couch and eat ice cream the four of us!! Us, giggling and the boys watching some weird shows..... telling us all about "back in the day" it was a great movie etc ha ha. Also I loved what you wrote because I can imagine you sitting on the couch wit the carton between your legs. You've hooked us on that flavor!! I found it at the Trader Joe's here and I bought them too! ha ha! Love yoU!