"Emerson said, Do you love me? means
Do you see the same truth?
-Or at least,
"Do you care about the same truth?"
— C.S. Lewis (The Four Loves)
"Is it really possible to tell
someone else what one feels?"
— Leo Tolstoy (Anna Karenina)
— Leo Tolstoy (Anna Karenina)
I thought I heard someone banging on our door
this morning around 6 am
this morning around 6 am
so I laid very still, eyes wide
listening to the silent movement of the house. And
shortly after I flew out of bed
when I saw lights bouncing off of our bedroom walls -
I felt the coldness of the window seep into my skin as I stood
watching the snow plow drive by.
Settling back in bed, I closed my eyes tight
savoring the moments left before the alarm.
But my mind was already going through the motions of today
so I reached down for my phone, and read an email from a dear friend
sent at 2 am.
And then I realized what all the noise was about.
Today, if I could, I would board a plane
headed across the country and sit on the beach with you.
photo by L. Ghambari on flickr

No comments:
Post a Comment