Monday, January 17, 2011

familiar ground.

"I have come home at last! This is my real country! 
I belong here. 
This is the land I have been looking for all my life,
 though I never knew it till now..." 
 - C.S. Lewis

-home
: relaxed and comfortable : at ease at home on the stage>
: in harmony with the surroundings
: on familiar ground 

Home has been on my mind a lot lately. 
It takes on a whole new meaning when you are forming such a place with another person. 
I like to think of all the places we will likely live in.
How we will make them each home. 
I cant help but be so excited for all that lies ahead, 
but right now...
there is no where else I'd rather be. I feel fully and wonderfully home. 
Thanks Husband for hanging all of the pictures 
and putting our bed together
and for hanging our new light...
But mostly thanks for making me feel at home - 
in all the ways that cant be bought or painted. 

I can honestly say I am on familiar ground. 

2 comments:

Abby said...

We're moving soon to a totally unfamiliar city. We've been apartment hunting this weekend, and all of the things you wrote have been on my mind too. You said it just right.:)

Carin Davis said...

I loved our virtual tour on Saturday! I can't wait to see it in person! :)