Monday, February 14, 2011

love letters and a license from the state of New York

"Love consists in this, 
that two solitudes protect and touch and greet each other."
— Rainer Maria Rilke
 I've never been a huge fan of Valentine's Day -
except for the heart box of chocolates I always got from my dad
and the fact that the whole office now smells of roses and lilies.

But I must admit that it was fun to look under the "to husband" card section
when picking one out this year for Mr. D, my husband!

I am so thankful for him and our courtship.
It grew from many long distance, late night conversations and many, many love letters.
It was all so natural and honest - 
no outside interference or persuasion. 
Just us.

I love re-reading those letters and am so thankful to be where we are today.
AND I am looking so forward to our date tonight.
----------------------------------------------

Happy Valentine's Day!


photographs by Carin Davis.

No comments: