"Apparently Quinn had woken up a short time ago
and immediately asked for ice cream,
knowing that kids in hospitals got whatever they wanted."
— Neal Shusterman
— Neal Shusterman
We are a lot alike, my dad and I.
We both hate needles and pain.
We share the same ears and long narrow feet.
We both sleep when we are stressed and like our ice cream packed, and slightly melting in a glass.
We both like our hair pulled and watching Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman.
We both like fish to be left in the sea and pads of butter with our tortillas.
We both like biographies and family history
and patience is admittedly not always our strong suit.
We are both proud lifelong Baylor alums, both born over Texas soil.
My dad is one of the funniest guys I know.
[and my mom so wonderful for patiently putting up with us both]
I hope he gets whatever he wants in the hospital this week...
(and if not, I will sneak in the ice cream!)
Praying he has a speedy recovery.
I sure do love him.
Praying he has a speedy recovery.
I sure do love him.

No comments:
Post a Comment