"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality."
— John Lennon
— John Lennon
There were several moments yesterday afternoon that I just wanted to savor.
Feel them on my tongue and let them just stay there slowly melting with the late setting sun -
making them last as long as I possibly can.
Feel them on my tongue and let them just stay there slowly melting with the late setting sun -
making them last as long as I possibly can.
I went for a run, and then to the grocery store...I walked carefully and slowly through the aisles
partly resting my tired legs, but also taking in the fresh colorful vegetables and rows of fruit - dreaming up recipes
and future meals at home with husband.
and future meals at home with husband.
When I left, it was barely past 7 pm and the sun was just beginning to light the sky on fire.
Our neighborhood was full of laughter and the pounding of tiny sneakers on the ground. Just as our little 4 year old neighbor began yelling,
"Butterfly! Look! A butterfly!"
I stopped on our big white porch and just stood there fully realizing there was no other place I wanted to be.
"Butterfly! Look! A butterfly!"
I stopped on our big white porch and just stood there fully realizing there was no other place I wanted to be.
Mr. D stayed at the office late last night, and when he finally got home I was already in bed.
And it was there that I, bundled in sheets, listened to husband talk about his day, stresses and future dreams and things
at the foot of our bed.
He looked so handsome sitting there in the blue light of the full moon outside our window and the faint,
warm glow coming in from the hall.
at the foot of our bed.
He looked so handsome sitting there in the blue light of the full moon outside our window and the faint,
warm glow coming in from the hall.
One of my favorite things is talking about the future with him...hearing his dreams.
And the fact that they are now our dreams.
photo by annette pehrsson

No comments:
Post a Comment