Thursday, March 17, 2011

thankful for clarity of what is truly important in life


"Ireland is a land of poets and legends, 
of dreamers and rebels. 
All of these have music woven through and around them. 
Tunes for dancing or for weeping,
for battle or for love."
— Nora Roberts, Tears of the Moon
 It has been an unusual week so far - 
and I think this is part of the reason why all night I felt like I was running, 
even though I was assuredly horizontal all night long. 
Yes, I'm sure I must have slept...

Mom and I took a quick reprieve from the hospital yesterday afternoon 
and the topic of thankfulness came up and how we are told to give thanks in everything.

So, when I awoke this morning feeling as though my mind had been lost in the darkness of the night,
I gave thanks for the sun shining through all the windows of our tree house and
the sleepless birds singing at the top of their lungs. 
---------------------
Thankful for the nurse who tells story after story laughing so joyfully you cant help but smile 
even if you dont quite understand what she is saying through her thick accent.

Thankful that last night my dad seemed much more like himself as he laughed heartily at Modern Family.

Thankful for my mom's patience and the constant love she and my dad have for one another.

Thankful for the arrival of Spring in the District and the Forsythia blooming on our street.

Thankful that today will have a high of 65 and tomorrow...77 degrees!
--------------------

Thankful for my husband and the two rings I wear on my finger as a sign of our commitment
I love him so much and am so proud of him. He works so hard and does so much for our little family.
[and as a side note, I adore my one-of-a-kind ring and the flawless clear diamond Mr. D picked out 
and carried around with him knowing he wanted to marry me. ME!]
"May the road rise to meet you;
May the wind always be at your back.
The sun shine warm upon your face;
The rain fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May the Great Spirit hold you in the hollow of its hand."
— Irish Blessing 

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments: