"A painter should begin every canvas with a wash of black,
because all things in nature are dark except where exposed by the light."
— Leonardo da Vinci
— Leonardo da Vinci
Bright sunshine after a full gray day of continuous rain
illuminates everything fresh, crisp and clean.
Yesterday was perfect, as far as days go,
minus a headache that just wouldn't go away - I would not have changed a thing:
Husband and I joined a gym...a fact which we immediately balanced out
with grilled cheese and fries at Bob & Edith's Diner.
We left the windows open in our tree house all day Saturday,
and I believe I actually heard hundreds of birds officially welcome Spring.
It perpetually rained all day Sunday -
a Spring rain that filled our lungs with pure moist air and provided an idyllic day at home.
AND we spring-cleaned our house - mopped floors and all.
a Spring rain that filled our lungs with pure moist air and provided an idyllic day at home.
AND we spring-cleaned our house - mopped floors and all.
Speaking of our tree house, I could not be more happy or thankful for it.
I love our little home and neighborhood in Arlington....
now all we need is a dog! We are leaning toward a bulldog still...
but I am still constantly researching breeds and need to take a trip to the animal shelter.
As much as we loved last weekend in Mexico,
it felt really good to just be home in the District with Mr. D.
No comments:
Post a Comment