"Always start out with a larger pot than what you think you need."
— Julia Child
— Julia Child
I love cooking...or maybe I love eating, and so by default I have a passion for cooking.
I never cooked much when I was growing up, but in the last couple of years I have
begun going straight to the recipe book aisles in the bookstore.
[I was tempted to buy one on my kindle the other day, but my cook books always end up so covered in
flour and juices and things that I felt immediately protective over my bright white kindle]
On Sunday, I baked my first sourdough bread, a labor of about 48 hours of love
and derrived from a 250 year old starter no less...
while my loaf of yeasty history rose in the oven
I breathed a flour-covered sigh of relief
and discovered I had a new appreciation for that lemon poppyseed bread I had made that morning
in a matter thirty minutes from a William-Sonoma mix.
-----------
Currently, this Taco Soup recipe is cooking at home in our slow cooker
ready upon our arrival home from work. Can't wait to taste it.
[also really excited to eat dinner with husband tonight -
he finished one of his work projects yesterday which means Luz and I get to have him all to ourselves tonight at dinner!]
No comments:
Post a Comment