Wednesday, April 6, 2011

May Merriment!

"The night you gave me my birthday party...
you were a young Lieutenant and I was a fragrant phantom,
wasn't I? And it was a radiant night, a night of soft conspiracy
and the trees agreed that it was all going to be for the best."
— Zelda Fitzgerald
 I am really excited about our celebration in May.

Our wedding was perfect, unique and very much just about us...that was the focus and the whole point of it. 
It wasnt clouded over with expectations or some grand carried-away plan. 
It was completely us...so sacred and dear to me.
[that story - the preparations and details - soon to come]

Our May celebration is setting up to be just as unique and lovely...except the focus
this time is on family and friends and an opportunity for us to celebrate our union with them. 
I can't wait to see the dance floor set up in this very field.

Husband and I drove out to the country on Saturday to finish prepping the invitations with my parents. 
We decided to design and do them ourselves  -
I have never stamped so much in my life and I am actually quite proud of our hard work.
They are in the mail today! 

5 comments:

Carin Davis said...

I can't wait to see them!
I am so excited!
What am I going to wear????
We should "online" shop via ichat! :)

xoxo

Whitney said...

We should, we should! I have only just begun thinking about what to wear...and I am still in search mode with a few ideas...

I cant wait for you guys to get here!!

Abby said...

They look great! Can't wait to see it in person. I wish my due date wasn't so close to your celebration date but we will be celebrating in spirit!

(and then start hounding you guys to come to Boston...)

Whitney said...

Abby! We will miss you here, but I can't wait to meet that baby boy of yours! Hope you are having fun exploring your new city!

Foodie Therapy said...

gorgeous invitations! Will you help me when I get married?? :)xo