Sunday, April 3, 2011

portraits of blossoms and a family of three

"Everything is blooming most recklessly; 
if it were voices instead of colors, 
there would be an unbelievable shrieking into the heart of the night." 

— Rainer Maria Rilke
This has been my most favorite weekend. 
Maybe it was the spontaneous spring rain shower across the field in the country,
the blue sky still shining through.
Maybe it was reading aloud with husband first thing in the morning, 
or the smell of fresh lemon poppyseed bread in the oven. 
Maybe its the cherry blossoms and the masses of people who have come here from all over the world 
just  to see trees in bloom. Simple blossoms in all their glory. 
Maybe it was the Friday night date Mr. D and I went on to celebrate our weddedness or how
I love my little family and our first family pictures ...just the three of us. 
Sometimes weekends fly by so quickly that I feel like they've somehow been stolen out from under me,
but then there are other weekends that feel so full of hope and thankfulness that I feel
stronger and more comforted because of them. 

1 comment:

maeve said...

love the blog. all of it. everything about it. and the tiny pup...to die for!!!