Monday, June 27, 2011

change[s]

"The power of finding beauty in the humblest things makes home happy and life lovely."
— Louisa May Alcott
 We have been driving a convertible around the District lately, 
and the fact that the weather has been absolutely divine has made it quite dream-like.

Change is in the air around here, 
so I am having to breathe deep and pray a lot...
But driving around in a convertible, the wind rushing through my lungs
and the air weightlessly combing through my hair
makes breathing deeply a whole lot easier
and I'm that much closer to the sky up there.

And when facing change with Mr.D on my team, 
I feel like we can do anything.
So, I am working on my attitude,
[I sometimes have a tendency to lean toward pessimism and call it reality]
 putting trust in my husband
and relying on a whole lotta faith.
 Plus, whenever we are faced with a challenge - 
if we go about it the right way...we only become closer and grow stronger in the long run. 

So, here's to thankfulness, the next adventure and a brand new week!
Happy Monday, y'all. 

3 comments:

Rachel said...

You guys are one gorgeous couple. I'm glad we got to meet Lucy on Saturday and see your lovely home. Thanks for having us over!

Whitney said...

Lucy was so sad when you guys all left. You guys are welcome any time! I'm thinking we need to have a picnic sometime soon...maybe Lucy will be all better and will be able to come too.

Rachel said...

I vote yes for a picnic! That sounds grand!