Monday, June 20, 2011

home and happier still.

"Ah! There is nothing like staying at home, for real comfort." 
 Jane Austen
This weekend was full of highs and a few adventurous plummets
resulting in my working from home today - which I must tell you,
 I love despite the not-so-lovely reason for it.

After an emergency run to the vet  on Saturday 
(in which Mr. D was still in his swim trunks and I was in... well...less than that) 
we went to a beautiful wedding in Potomac, Maryland
(this time in regular dry clothes, although just barely at that)
I STILL can hardly walk from all the dancing.
It was one of the most fun weddings I have ever been to - 
mainly because of who I was with. 

We ended our weekend last night over a home cooked meal with our "extended family"
and I just keep waking up every day feeling happier than the last - 
even when our days are full of vet bills and long commutes,
there is no one I would rather go through it all with.

Hope you had a good weekend! 


2 comments:

Rachel said...

I worked from home yesterday, too! And for a dumb reason...I threw out my back while I was gardening on Saturday. What am I, 65?

Hope you're doing well! Here's the work-from-home boredom!

Whitney said...

I know exactly how you feel...we went to a wedding on Saturday and danced a lot. So much so that I STILL can hardly walk because my calves hurt so badly...my whole body is out of whack from DANCING?!?

Hope you feel better soon. See you Saturday!