"And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees,
just as things grow in fast movies,
I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer."
— F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby
— F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby
On Summer's Eve, we saw Sixteen Candles outside on a lawn with another couple we really love,
it was the perfect way to kick off the Summer...
and then this morning...
I was met at work with an email that brought not only this Summer,
but life in general into perspective.
Just when life starts to seem crazy and I start to feel a little defeated,
I am sent a gentle reminder of how lucky I am.
Thankful to be here, now
Happy to be married to Mr. D
and feeling overwhelmingly blessed by those around.
Praying today for my family who has lost
and thankful for those who are near.
----------
I am looking so forward to this Summer and all that it holds,
I want to make the most of every minute of it - taking not a single day for granted.
It is a Summer of beginnings, after all.

No comments:
Post a Comment