"I love the ground under his feet, and the air over his head,
and everything he touches and every word he says.
I love all his looks, and all his actions and him entirely and all together."
— Emily Brontë
— Emily Brontë
Yesterday, we bought running shoes. His bigger than mine.
And somehow while covered in the shine of perspiration
in a room too hot for breathing
I had goosebumps.
And even after cycling, my heartbeat never slowed.
And its how he always knows what song I want to listen to
before I even know myself.
And how he always replaces the soap in the shower before it disappears
and how hard he works to take care of Lucy girl and me.
And how even after a hard workout -
when I feel a complete and utter mess -
he looks at me like I am the most beautiful girl he's ever seen.
And this morning while I lay in bed,
watching the sun rise through the stain glass resting in our bedroom window,
I felt such an overwhelming rush of love for the man beside me.
Who he is.
As he is.
1 comment:
Thanks for helping me pick out new shoes and motivating me to go to the gym. You are the greatest wife I would ever imagine.
Post a Comment