Monday, September 26, 2011

New York on my mind


“I would give the greatest sunset in the world 
for one sight of New York's skyline. 
Particularly when one can't see the details. Just the shapes. 
The shapes and the thought that made them. 
The sky over New York and the will of man made visible."
- Ayn Rand
 Mr. D and I got back from NYC late last night. 
And if you think our eyes look tired in these pictures, you should see them now!
We are exhausted...
but would do it all over again in a heart beat.

Talking with dear friends until 3:00 a.m. | Cuddling their new baby Eloise, the cutest little French Bulldog | Visiting the 9/11 Memorial | Birthday celebrations at Cipriani and the most delicious bread | The High Line - a new favorite | Brunch with friends at Eatery | Meandering through Eataly and swooning over the pasta and cheeses | Subway sounds and a growing new skyline


This weekend was devine. 
But its the friends we saw that made it so fun and worth the while.
Now we are back in the District [much to Moose's delight] 
full of memories and longing for a much needed and highly anticipated nap. 

2 comments:

Coco said...

Great blog!! I am a quote fanatic so I love this. So happy I stumbled upon it. Keep up the great work! :)

WhitneyClarke said...

Coco - Thank you!! I couldn't be happier that you stumbled here either. Thank you for your sweet comment.