Thursday, September 22, 2011

date night and new seasons.

“What is that you express in your eyes? 
It seems to me more than all the print I have read in my life.”
― Walt Whitman
 Mr. D took me to dinner last night. We went to Floriana in Dupont. 
The restaurant is housed in an old brownstone and our table for two was right in front of the fireplace.
The food was delicious, but the candle light and the gray-haired waiter who 
described the menu with his hands - 
as if he himself was garnishing the dishes right in mid-air - 
made the night even more delightful.

The misty rain falling in between the white Christmas lights outside 
filled me with such excitement for this new season. 
Mostly, though, just glad I have Mr. D to enjoy it alongside.
--------
Tonight we are going to Opera in the Outfield
and Friday we head to the Big Apple. 
I can hardly wait....

Photo #1 by Stefany Alves
Photo #2 by Husband

No comments: