Wednesday, September 28, 2011

nothing like a fresh coat of paint....

“If I paint a wild horse, you might not see the horse... 
but surely you will see the wildness!”
― Pablo Picasso
 Days before we got married, we (with huge help from my parents) 
painted our living room walls a fresh and clean bright white - 
a stark contrast to the dulled yellow formerly present. 
But now both of the bedrooms are begging for the same face lift. 

So, while my handsome husband cleaned the floors in the bathroom and kitchen last night
AND put away the clean clothes 
that had become somewhat of a permanent heap in the chair in our bedroom...
I feel inspired and ready to push my sleeves up to my elbows
and dip my brush into that crisp white paint again.

So tonight there will be carpet shampooing for him 
(have you done that before? I am a little in love with the carpet shampooing machine)
and painting, painting, painting for me. 
We make a pretty good team, me and Mr. D. The best. 
And somehow he manages to make even the most mundane of chores fun and music-filled
for which I am so thankful.

photograph from here.

2 comments:

Carin Davis said...

i couldn't be happier that you have both found each other...we could use a serious cleaning face lift around here too... xo

Robd said...

Don't I have the sweetest sister-in-law?! Thanks Carin. We miss you guys terribly. Maybe we should set up a group video chat soon.

Love you,

Rob