Thursday, November 17, 2011

this morning when I woke up....

“You can hear now. Your inner ear is formed.
I shout "I love you" into the bedroom. Then I feel stupid. Then I don't. 
This is pretty much the story of my life.”
― Suzanne Finnamore
 
This morning when I woke up, I suddenly had a pretty legitimate little bump!
And just as surprising as it was to see it this morning, 
so too was my morning sickness which appears to have returned for the day. 
(I wish for only one of them to please go away.)

I really do wish I knew some tricks to make this nausea stay at bay - 
while I more than expected it during the first trimester...
it seems rather rude and uncalled for now that I am in my second!

But this bump can definitely stay...
Happy Thursday!

7 comments:

Abby said...

Wow! A real bump! Haha so cute and exciting. Isn't it so surreal?

WhitneyClarke said...

Having a little bump makes things seem a little more real, but I feel like it really wont set in until I can feel the baby move! I can't wait for that! So exciting!

Emily M. said...

I have a feeling it won't really set in until that baby is placed in your arms. :) That is how it was for me, anyway. Pregnancy is such a wonderful time and finally seeing the bump is so exciting! I found only a few things to take the edge off of the nausea- buy some ginger root and scrape off the peel with a knife, cube it and put it in a mug, pour hot water over the ginger and add a squeeze of lemon. Ginger is known for helping with nausea, and I have also heard of women simply chewing on raw ginger as you would a piece of gum, but I could never stomach it myself. Also, you can buy gingerale soda (the REAL gingerale) and mix it with a small amount of cranberry juice. The trick is to sip on either of these almost constantly throughout the day. I also found that if I had some saltine crackers or something of the sort nearby and just munched on those along with the drink(s) that would help, at least a little. Best of luck! You are perhaps the classiest pregnant mommy I have seen. I need your wardrobe! :)

Emily Marchant
(via Blakely) :)

kinsey said...

movement is THE best. my favorite. and i'm sticking to my first instinct that you have a GIRL in that bump :-)

WhitneyClarke said...

Emily M - I am definitely going to try all of the ginger tips and the gingerale and cranberry sounds so good to me! Saltines have been a staple at my desk and beside my bed! Thank you so much for your comment! I need all the tips and advice I can get : ) Hope you are having a lovely day!

WhitneyClarke said...

Kinsey! You and my dad both think its a girl and I love you both for it : ) ...not that I wouldn't LOVE a boy, of course.

Janelle said...

Gasp. You really do have a bump! So adorable.