“It's a GIRL.
It's a little girl, with scrunched-up petal lips and a tuft of dark
hair and hands in tiny fits, up by her ears. All that time, that's who
was in there. And it's weird, but the minute I saw her I just thought:
IT'S YOU. Of course it is.”
―
Sophie Kinsella
As my belly swells and baby girl's little movements become more frequent (or rather more noticeable), I can hardly suppress my excitement. Already I can't imagine not having this belly...this belly I'd dreamed of for years but didn't expect so soon. The moment the doctor wrote, "Hi Mom and Dad, I'm your daughter!" on the ultrasound screen, I thought my chest would burst with joy. I immediately felt so much closer to the little babe growing in my belly...no longer referring to Baby D as "it" but rather "she." We love her so much already.
I can hardly wait to hold her in my arms. This baby girl I already know.
----------------
We are on our way to New York City for a few days!! Oh how I love this time of year.
2 comments:
You couldn't be any cuter. It's so much more real when you know what the gender is huh? I loved when I found out Weston was a boy. So fun! Happy Holidays!
Thank you so much, Audrey for your sweet comment! Yes, it feels so much more real knowing the gender. Hope you had a merry Christmas!
Post a Comment