Friday, January 27, 2012

anything can be

“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. 
Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. 
Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... 
Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”

― Shel Silverstein
 It poured this morning.
And with the 65 degree temperature outside, the summer-like storm 
seemed so forlorn and out of place on this January day.

When I got to work, a yogurt parfait was sitting like a heavenly gift on my desk.
I almost hesitated to touch it for fear it would vanish 
[food means a lot to this pregnant girl these days]
My sweet boss - who is much more like a best friend - 
knew I would need just such a gift on this stormy morning after.

So in the midst of decisions left undecided
and pros and cons ferociously tormenting my mind - 
one moment I feel certain and the next... utterly confused and slightly lost - 
I am enjoying every single spoonful of this yogurt parfait 
and giving thanks for a friend dear, her advice and listening ear.

My heart feels a surprising peace.
After all...it is Friday. 

Hope you and yours have a happy weekend!


1 comment:

Carin Davis said...

"Anything can be" is the perfect message for today.
xoxoxo