I'm a riddle in nine syllables,
An elephant, a ponderous house,
A melon strolling on two tendrils.
O red fruit, ivory, fine timbers!
This loaf's big with its yeasty rising.
Money's new-minted in this fat purse.
I'm a means, a stage, a cow in calf.
I've eaten a bag of green apples,
Boarded the train there's no getting off.
An elephant, a ponderous house,
A melon strolling on two tendrils.
O red fruit, ivory, fine timbers!
This loaf's big with its yeasty rising.
Money's new-minted in this fat purse.
I'm a means, a stage, a cow in calf.
I've eaten a bag of green apples,
Boarded the train there's no getting off.
- Sylvia Plath, Metaphors
I promised myself I would never take a picture like this in the bathroom of all places. AND if I did, that I wouldn't dare post it on this blog. But today is just one of those days. So I apologize in advance.
See, it took me far longer than I'd like to admit to get dressed today. Trying to put on skirts that I wore two weeks ago is like Cinderella's ugly step-sisters trying to squeeze their feet into glass slippers. My ribs are bruised because my bras are just that tight (and a letter of the alphabet I had never seen in real life). I love this belly, but man getting dressed for work everyday is exhausting and often leaves me feeling defeated.
Our bedroom is still full of furniture left over from our living room and our bathroom is somewhere between disheveled and downright gross (thank you, Lucy). After several days out at the country and a couple at a kennel, Lucy's hair turned to matted dreads which Rob had to shave off yesterday in our bathroom (yes, shave...)
So today I drove to work in a bit of a forlorn haze. Nothing is by any means terribly wrong and I am thankful and grateful for everything....but its just one of those days, you know?
And then....I got this sweet note from my husband...
That man of mine. He knows just how to turn my day around and make gray skies turn into a bright summer's day blue. I can't wait to go home and dance around for joy with him in our messy house with that butchered dog of ours clamoring at our feet...its just one of those days where despite everything you feel so incredibly lucky, you know?!
2 comments:
Oh how I remember those mornings where something that fit the day before became tight overnight!! It's amazing how quickly your body prepares for that sweet baby girl :) You look adorable!!!
Thank you, Stacy! Its crazy how my body doesn't feel like it belongs to me at all anymore. I can't believe your sweet Ellie is almost a year old! She is so cute!!
Post a Comment