Monday, February 13, 2012

"we must sail sometimes with the wind and sometimes against it.."

“I find the great thing in this world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving - we must sail sometimes with the wind and sometimes against it - but we must sail, and not drift, nor lie at anchor.”
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.
 I have been sick for almost a week now and just as the freezing cold weather and snow decided 
to grace us with their sudden presence this weekend...
so, too did my cold take hold of my body in quite a climactic fashion - it has not been a pretty sight.

I definitely don't recommend moving while sick and six and a half months pregnant in 20 degree weather. 
Thank goodness for Mr. D (and my parents who rescued us on Sunday) - he has been working so hard!

Despite a culmination of several unknown factors, 
we are feeling pretty good about everything and excited for this new adventure.
Now, if I could just get over this terrible cold!

2 comments:

Audrey Crisp said...

Ugh! No fun! I has two colds within a month while I was pregnant and in the first trimester so I couldn't really take anything to help it. I'm sorry. And moving in the cold sucks! Good luck! Love your braid headband!

WhitneyClarke said...

Oh man! Being sick while pregnant is the worst. I think I'm going to have to go home from work early and try the Netty Pot (it grosses me out and I can't stand doing it...but I'm getting pretty desperate).