“The earth laughs in flowers.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson
I think I slept for maybe two hours last night and this morning got off to a rough start.
Mr. D left for work at 7:30 am and suddenly I felt like I was being swallowed whole with no where to go.
I stood in the shower and cried for a good 20 minutes...
the steam filling my lungs almost as quickly as the tears fell from my eyes.
So, what do you do when you're almost 9 months pregnant, a little down and alone on a Saturday?
You open all of the windows. You fill the house with music. Buy some flowers
and bake brownies of course...because there is nothing fresh air, music, flowers and chocolate can't fix.
Even the baby bump is wearing flowers today...
because if the earth laughs in flowers, we want in on it!
5 comments:
oh, I'm so sorry! My mom always told me that not being able to sleep towards the end of your pregnancy was just your body getting ready to be woken up at all hours anyway once the baby is born! My middle brother is adopted and she said is was a shock to her system getting up with him since she didn't suffer from pregnancy sleep before he was born. Hang in there!
That is a good way to look at it!! I will definitely be conditioned for a lack of sleep by the time she gets here :)
Oh how sad. I hate days like that. WEll the good news is, your almost done!!! Then you get to meet that sweet baby girl. I love fresh flowers and brownies! I might make some tonight! You look beautiful! Hang in there.
Oh, whit! My heart aches for you. I am alone for a few hours a night and hate it. You are so much stronger then I would be! Love you thinking of you. Xoxo
If it makes you feel better ... it's way better the more kids you have:)
Any way you feel is the right way. I say cry and don't sleep. It really is the way of it for quite a few months... And turns out that even after they are 18 ... you still cry and don't sleep. Don't call me if you are feeling suicidal apparently!!!
Oh and the hair thing ... yeah ... that gets cut every time I have a baby. Maybe in the caveman days they used to build nests with it, so that's why the instinct kicks in??
Post a Comment