I wasn't able to write very much last week...not for a lack of words, but because it was a hard week and I was afraid that if I did sit down to write, it would turn into nothing but me complaining and feeling sorry for myself, which is neither becoming nor entertaining. To summarize, I miss my husband and eating breakfast, lunch and dinner by myself gets to be pretty depressing sometimes. He had to work a lot on Sunday too...and you have no idea how I long for our Sundays together...so it was a pretty big bummer after a long week. But for the record, I am really proud of him and so, so thankful for every little moment we are able to be together. I'm also really thankful for the friends we have made here...I don't know what I would do without them.
Baby and I have started going on long early morning walks. Just as the city awakes, but before the stores open their doors. It proves both refreshing and therapeutic - even if I'm waddling the whole way - and I fall a little more in love with this new city of ours each time.
So...38 weeks...I am officially uncomfortable and ready to meet this baby girl. I literally cannot lift my left leg thanks to a shooting pain that I can't quite describe due to how low baby girl is now and when I stand up I feel like she literally might fall to the floor. AND hello, contractions. They are coming pretty regularly now, but only a few of them have actually hurt...so I'm not getting my hopes up because of them.
But. BUT. After last week's doctor appointment, baby girl's arrival is definitely in sight! And she is worth all the shooting pains and back aches.
Happy 38 weeks baby girl!
(and happy cinco de mayo a little late)




3 comments:
hang in there! sounds like your body is getting ready!
Just wanted to say hi and that I've been reading for a while and...so excited for you! Girls are lovely, and you look fantastic. Best wishes for this next chapter of your life! Hang in there...not much longer!
You are getting very close I'm sure! It's so uncomfortable those last couple of weeks! Hang in there. Sorry your man is always gone! I know just how you feel! Love the moo moo!
Post a Comment