“Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson
Even though I've hit the "full term" mark, my actual due date isn't for a couple more weeks...so the waiting begins. And as much as it kills the planner in me to not know the exact date we will meet or the color of her hair or the way she will feel in my arms...I feel peaceful, almost prepared (can that be?!)
But as excited as I am to finally hold our baby girl, I don't feel rushed (even though I wanted to cry trying to put my socks and shoes on yesterday). Still, I am loving my multiple daily naps and the time spent alone feeling her kicking and elbowing the sides of my belly. I'll never be this close to her again and I am making a point to treasure every moment I have these last few weeks with her in my womb.
It hasn't been easy getting used to Mr. D's new work schedule. I miss him so much and I'm anxious about how our life will be with this new little one. I hardly see him and lets face it...its not going to be easy. Still, Ive never been more thankful for this time in our lives and for our little growing family.
Even though there is so much unknown ahead, one thing is for sure...this May will be full!
photo here.

1 comment:
true, it won't be easy BUT those newborn days FLY by! If you get overwhelmed just remember, she won't be that tiny and helpless forever...just a few short months. It's amazing how fast it all goes by.
Post a Comment