Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Back in Boston...

“you are not too old 
and it is not too late
to dive into your increasing depths 
where life calmly gives out it's own secret” 
 Rainer Maria Rilke
My sweet baby girl is asleep in her crib. Something that has become somewhat of a rarity these days. 
I know all the reasons why co-sleeping is ill-advised... 
but this girl will sleep hours on end when she is in between us 
and only two hours max when she is in her crib. 
I know its a habit we are going to have to break...
but for now I am so thankful for all those extra hours of sleep we all get. 
This little girl has sure taken my heart. 
At five weeks, she has already been on three plane rides and one 500 mile road trip.
I hold my breath while boarding every plane, but so far she has been quite a good little traveler --
even though she stays awake for most of the flights...she hardly ever cries.

Now that we are back in Boston,
 I am determined to find my routine and time to write, cook and clean.

Life is a little crazier and quite a lot messier with this little girl in it, 
but man is it good. So, so good. 






6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute! Where were you traveling?

WhitneyClarke said...

We went to Virginia and tagged along on my husband's business trip to Park City this past week. Baby girl has been such a good little travel mate : )

Audrey Crisp said...

How great! She is quite the traveler! Love that bedding!

Rachel said...

I love that last photo. She looks so mischevious :)

cardon and whitney said...

I love Lyla Bird's little faces, they are so adorable. Harper sleeps in our bed too, and we love it! Little travel buddies are the best!

Emily Powell said...

we never co slept because my daughter hated it but we did swaddle...that's a habit to break too but ya know, whatever works!