“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength,
while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”
― Lao Tzu
while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”
― Lao Tzu
These past six weeks have been delicious and sleepless, grand and inspiring. They have been altering and earth halting and ever so fulfilling. They have been everything I had hoped for and nothing I quite expected.
This past week I am finally feeling like myself again. We have finally got this nursing thing down and I no longer feel like an ever engorged cow (who knew those first few weeks could be so crazy and so full). She is eating every 3-4 hours which is so much more manageable than that first month of nursing every two hours. It seems that after that terrible bout of mastitis (which I would never wish on any human being), things turned around to be quite good...enjoyable even.
I still get swept away with the smell of her skin and her sweet milk breath against the curve of my neck, but now its the familiarity of it that makes me swoon. Its her genuinely overjoyed smile - pure and without fault - and the sincerity with which she looks deep into my eyes that have me simultaneously weak in the knees and standing taller than the mountains are high.
These past six weeks have been the hardest, most wonderful and beautiful six weeks of my life. I keep thinking, how lucky am I to be this little girl's mama and to be married to her kind and handsome daddy.
We are sure excited that its the weekend around here! It's supposed to be a hot one...so we are planning on venturing out to the beach tomorrow...can't wait!




3 comments:
she is precious! you are so lucky with being "full". I had the exact opposite problem and it was SO frustrating!
So glad everything is working out for you! You look great! I didn't feel like myself for 3-4 months!!
Audrey - I definitely don't look like myself yet, but I do feel a whole lot better. I have a feeling it will take a while before I fully feel like myself again : )
Post a Comment