“There must be quite a few things that a hot bath won't cure,
but I don't know many of them.” ― Sylvia Plath
Every day, Lyla Bird and I take a warm bath before bed.
Initially it was intended just to soothe her, but turns out it does me just as much good.
We use this baby bath wash and I look so forward to the lavender smell in the air and
the soft sound of bubbles popping mixed with her sweet baby coos.
Lyla Bird LOVES it, especially after a good hard cry.
And there is simply nothing better than feeling her little naked body against my skin -
it reminds me of those first few minutes after she came into this world,
her tiny warm body against my chest.
Lost in the intensity of that big blue-eyed stare,
I would not trade the time we have together each night for anything.
Sweet baby girl has a doctor's appointment this afternoon
(which this mama's heart is dreading)...
so today's soothing bath will likely be extra welcomed and needed in our house tonight.

1 comment:
oh, when Georgia was small we used to take baths together and I loved it. Such sweet times!
Post a Comment