Monday, July 16, 2012

packing for two


“Sometimes, the best way to help someone is just to be near them.” 
 Veronica Roth
[baby girl sound asleep in our bed]

This weekend was so good. I don't know how I got so lucky. The more time I spend with my handsome husband and funny little bird, the more in love I fall with both of them. Lyla Bird slept in her crib for most of the night last night and I have to admit that I actually missed her a bit...but it made pulling her in bed with us this morning even sweeter. 

The day ahead is a little daunting. There is so much I need to do - not the least of which is packing for two for three whole weeks. Lyla Bird is getting ready to take flight number four in the morning and I'm already crossing my fingers and toes that it goes as smoothly as all the other flights have gone. 

So while I tackle this ever-growing mound of laundry in our bedroom and try to figure out which stroller to take and how many diapers are needed to get us there...I'll be covering baby girl in kisses and giving thanks for that kind and loving husband of mine. 

By the end of these next three weeks of traveling with my jet-setting baby, I will surely have this traveling-with-a-baby-thing figured out, if not mastered. I am slowly, but surely getting my groove for packing for two. Wish us loads of luck and send all the "sleepy -baby" vibes  you can our way : ) 

No comments: