Monday, July 9, 2012

A weekend on the Cape

“Cape Cod is the bared and bended arm of Massachusetts. The shoulder is at Buzzard's Bay; the elbow at Cape Mallebarre; the wrist at Truro; and the sandy fist at Provincetown.”   Henry David Thoreau
Our weekend on the Cape:  ferry ride to Martha's Vineyard  |  I've never seen so many beautiful hydrangeas everywhere |  baby girl happy to be in her daddy's arms  |  lunch on the Vineyard  |  Vineyard sound  |  first time wearing his little girl (mama is normally packing)  |  Bird's first Salt Water's...size 0 


I was really pulling hard for a chance to go to a movie with Rob on Friday night. A solid two hours together before 11pm is pretty dreamy. So, when he called that afternoon asking if I wanted to go away somewhere for the weekend I was so excited I could hardly think. I immediately started googling places within driving distance and asked a sweet friend who knows the area well where we should go....and in a few hours we were on the road, headed to the Cape. 


On Sunday, we took a ferry to Martha's Vineyard and rented a car so we were able to explore all the little towns. 


Considering Cape Cod is only an hour away, we are definitely planning to go back. We loved it! 





2 comments:

Carin Davis said...

delightful!!!!!

Audrey Crisp said...

Sounds and looks amazing! I love your stroller btw!