Sunday, December 9, 2012

Dear December,

“Sometimes beautiful things come into our lives out of nowhere. We can't always understand them, but we have to trust in them. I know you want to question everything, but sometimes it pays to just have a little faith.” 
― Lauren Kate
You have been the most surreal month of my life to date. You are neither here nor there. Christmas lights gloriously strung everywhere. A baby girl whose every breath seems almost too good to be true. And late nights spent with my husband in bed, laughing and reliving her every iphone-captured move. The hushed excitement as we tiptoe into her room. Home-cooked meals and freshly pureed food. Fire places and plenty of room (a far cry from our Boston-one-room). Bowls full of clementines and slippered feet. The most beautiful tree I've ever seen. Anticipation tangled in brightly clothed evergreen and the smell of inevitable change intertwined with cinnamon sticks and pine. And so it is during this dreamlike time, that I hold tightly to faith and try to repose my mind giving thanks for every minute before it passes by. 



No comments: