"My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way." — Ernest Hemingway
I sat writing for a long time last night, but when I glanced down
I saw only circles drawn again and again on the page.
I had high hopes to escape to some coastal town this Labor Day weekend
soft images of where the water meets and waltzes with land had already started to cloud my mind
but the onset of the hurricane has made it a difficult thing to plan on.
So, I am rewriting my weekend plans
going back to the drawing board, so to speak and maybe scrapping the whole thing altogether.
And while I continue the never ceasing challenge to convince myself that life is better unplanned,
I am once again looking inward
and in doing so searching out the cloudy path ahead.
Continually remembering to be thankful for every pot hole and hill along the way.
New beginnings never cease to both overwhelm and excite me,
hope magically dancing around in the breeze and standing tall before the foreboding hurricane clouds.
photo from it's mary ruffle.

No comments:
Post a Comment