Thursday, March 31, 2011

for whatever reason

"The very least you can do in your life is figure out what you hope for. 
And the most you can do is live inside that hope. 
Not admire it from a distance, but live right in it, under its roof."
— Barbara Kingsolver, Animal Dreams
 Optimism doesn't always come naturally to me. 
I see people - usually girls for whatever reason - who are so bubbly and full of daily exuberance, 
and a part of me feels like I must be missing something - that somehow somewhere I lost that part of me ...
and if I'm not careful, I begin to mourn its loss
[except, in reality, I know I never had it to begin with - for whatever reason]
But I am at this point in my life, where the future seems so wonderful - even...and maybe especially
in all of its unknowns, that I want to run full sprint into it. 

When the reality of a known love is so great that you can't help but be full of hope -
maybe not bubbly, but joyful just the same..then I am able to discover the kind of optimism
that can be rendered even in the face of trials.

--------------
I've been thinking a lot about the future. New opportunities and barely visible doors, 
and I cant wait to see where they all lead.

photography by Annette Pehrsson

No comments: